NE is one of Sweden's leading digital learning brands. Hundreds of thousands of teachers, students, professionals and individuals use NE daily as their trusted source for factual information. Our digital services include the encyclopedia Nationalencyklopedin, dictionaries, interactive facts, educational films, language tools and our fastest growing products: digital teaching aids for compulsory school and high school. The company is growing and usage of our products is rapidly increasing
NE is looking for a candidate that has a strong interest in maintaining and augmenting a NE infrastructure that is highly available, secure, and scalable. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be managing the existing NE infrastructure from day one and have a level of experience, seniority and expertise to work on infrastructure autonomously. An ideal candidate will have experience building and monitoring systems from the ground up and prepare this infrastructure for both scaling traffic volume and global expansion.
You will be joining a growing cross functional team that works collaboratively with other teams and departments to provide a strong technology foundation to NE and its mission.
As a Dev Ops Engineer you will:
● Manage, deploy, and automate new and existing infrastructure
● Maintain fleets of virtual machines, compute instances, and node pools
● Monitor all projects and environments for stability, security, and availability
● Participate in incident response, triage, and resolution
● Provisioning and administering cloud resources
● Support Networking administration
● Support Database administration - maintenance / configuration / backups
● Improve developer environment and tooling
● Release pipelines - containers/ios/android
● Document and automate infrastructure processes
Strong candidates have experience in*:
● Linux - Centos / Ubuntu / Alpine / Container Optimized OS
● Scripting - bash / python
● Cloud infrastructure - AWS
● Containers - Kubernetes / AWS EKS / docker
● Network Administration - firewalls / VPC / VPN
● Version control - Git / Github
● Server configuration - systemd / tuned
● Permissions - IAM / RBAC
● Automation - Terraform
● CI/CD - GitHub Actions / circleCI / containers / iOS / Android
● DNS configuration
● Disaster Recovery
● Certifications related to: AWS / DevOps / Security / Network Engineering
*Experience in all of these items is not required but you should be familiar with most of them
Workplace & Culture
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life both in and outside of work.
Perks and benefits
Flexible working hours, Near public transit, Pension plan, Central office, Work life balance, Paid holiday, Social gatherings, Skill development, Maternity / paternity leave, New tech gear, Yearly health check, Friskvårdsbidrag.