NE is a company on a growth journey. We provide digital learning solutions and content to millions of students in Sweden, Germany, Austria and the US. Our products cover all from our known Encyclopedias in Sweden, Germany and Austria to a full Teaching Material platform with core curriculum aligned content empowering millions of teachers and students. Our goal is to reach many more with our great services, and hence we will be growing both our business as well as our team to accomplish this.
We are now looking for a Senior UX Designer, to take the lead in a global role responsible for visual implementation of NE Brand guidelines and design system across our products and digital services, as well as developing UX for products and digital services in product initiatives.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be working closely with our design team to build well designed products for our users and make sure we have a design system that enable a harmonized experience across our products. You will be working in projects from product discovery to implementation of products, while continuously contributing to the design team with development of the design system and components in a structured manner.
You will be part of a small but dynamic and creative inhouse design team working together with both internal designers and developers as well as externals, to guide and govern the alignment of our design system. The team will grow continuously, and there is possibility to grow into a leader role.
The role will be reporting to the Chief Product Officer.
Who you are
We love curiosity and creativity and we care greatly about supporting the knowledge development of the students in our markets. We want to renew the experience of learning, and need you to be onboard with our mission!
- You are curious, creative, driven, structured but not afraid to go outside of the box
- 5+ years of experience within UX and Visual Design
- Experience working with defining branding guidelines and designs systems
- We do most of our design work in Figma - experience in Figma is preferred
- A higher degree (Bachelor or equal) in UX design, interaction design, visual design or similar
- Experience and interest in education and EdTech is preferred
What you will do
- Driving UX in product discovery and implementation projects
- Work with our design team to collaboratively develop our design system with necessary components and design guidelines inline with branding guidelines
- Work with developing visuals and components depending on the need of projects inline and extending the design system
- Work with the design team and as a guide to product development projects in how to use and extend our design system for the right purposes
The role is flexible in location, with Malmö, Sweden as a preferred location.
The role reports to the Chief Product Officer, based in Malmö, Sweden.
Occasional traveling to any of our offices will be required.